Traditional Jacket Potatoes
Member recipe by taragunning
For a lazy evening in front of the television jacket potatoes are a great meal.
- 4 large potatoes about 250g each
- 55g butter
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 115g ham or fried mushrooms
- 115g Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Wash and wipe the potatoes. Prick with a fork and place on a baking tray.
- Cook the potatoes in the oven for 60-75 minutes until they are soft inside and the skins are crisp. Remove them from the oven.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out the soft insides into the mixing bowl. Take care not to damage the skins.
- Mash the potato well with the fork. Add the butter and season.
- Place the skins on the baking tray. Chop the ham and put some into each shell. Spoon in the potato.
- Grate the cheese and sprinkle on the potatoes. Put them back in the oven and cook for a further 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown.