Member recipe by steam_pig
- 4 x 175g chicken breasts
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 8 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 25g butter
- 100ml dry white wine
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Flatten each chicken breast and cut in half lengthways. Place a slice of bacon and a sage leaf on each and secure with a cocktail stick
- Heat half the oil in frying pan, cook half the chicken until golden but slightly under cooked. repeat with the rest of the chicken.
- Clean out the pan with kitchen paper and add the butter, heat until frothy. Add the wine and lemon juice and bring to the boil, and return the chicken to the pan, spooning over the juices. Cook for 2 mins and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Cook for a further minute and serve