Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cakes
Tasy, easy to make snacks
- 200g Self raising flour
- 75g Margarine
- 75g Caster sugar
- 50g Chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1-2 tbsp water
- STEP 1Set oven to 210 C / gas mark 7. Grease a baking tray
- STEP 2Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl
- STEP 3Cut the margarine into cubes and then rub into the flour using your fingertips. The mixture should then resemble breadcrumbs
- STEP 4Add the sugar and chocolate chips into the mixture. Mix using a wooden spoon
- STEP 5Break egg into a small bowl and beat with a fork. Add egg to mixing bowl and mix. Add 1 - 2 tbsp of water if the mixture does not stick together. The mixture must be firm enough to stand alone on the baking tray in lumps.
- STEP 6Place heaps of the mixture on the tray. Make sure that they are all an even size. Bake them for approximately 15 minutes, or until golden brown.