Jack Daniels (Meat) Glaze
Member recipe by pubngrub
If you love the sticky sweet sauce on steaks and ribs in TGI Fridays then you will love this.
- 1/2 Small White Onion Very Finely Choped or Minced
- 3 to 4 Chunks of Pineapple Finely Chopped or Minced
- 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Chopped or Minced
- 1 tsp Light Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 200 ml Pineapple Juice
- 150 ml Water
- 50 ml Tarayaki Sauce
- 50 ml Jack Daniels Whiskey (Or Equivalent)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Add the oil to a saucepan and cook the onion and garlic until soft. About 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the pineapple juice, water and brown sugar and bring to the boil whilst stirring. Once boiling reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Now add the Pinneaple, Tarayaki sauce, Soya sauce, lemon juice, whisky and Cayenne pepper. Stir in well and bring the mixture back to the boil. Once boiling reduce to a simmer.
- Note: At this stage you can spoon a little of the mixture onto your meat or Ribs as a marinade whilst it is still a loose consistency.
- Leave to simmer for around 30 minutes until the glaze reduces by half and the consistency thickens. You can add a little white flour to the mixture if you like it really thick!
- The glaze is ready to serve over your steak or Ribs.
- Note: For extra flavour you can coat your steak or Ribs with the Glaze and grill for the last few minutes to give it a really sticky finger licking taste!