Amazing chocolate cupcakes
Member recipe by lovelessons
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
this recipe is flawless,and works every time,and are a real hit with my friends and family .....or as a cheeky treat for myself...just one though :)
- For the cakes
- 100g plain flour
- 20g cocoa powder (i use cadbury bourneville)
- 140g caster sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 40g unsalted butter (essential that it is at room temperature)
- 120ml whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- a 12-hole cupcake tray,lined with paper cases
- Preheat the oven to 170C(325F)Gas 3
- Out the flour ,cocoa powder,sugar,baking powder,salt and butter in a free standing electric mixer with paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk)and beat on a slow speed until you get a sandy consitency and everything is combined.
- Whisk the milk,egg,and vanilla extract together in a jug ,then slowly pour about half into the flour mixture,beat to combine and turn the mixer up to high speed (scrape any unmixed ingredients from the side of the bowl with a rubber spatula).Continue mixing for a couple more minutes until the mixture is smooth.Do not over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases until two-thirds full and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes,or until the sponge bounces back when touched.A skewer inserted in the center should come out clean.Leave the cupcakes to coll slightly in the tray before turning out onto a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- when the cupcakes are cooled,spread the frosting on with a pallet knife , or sqweeze in with a piping bag and decorate with chocolate vermicelli or silver balls. ( see chocolate frosting ) Vanilla and Cream cheese frosting also works well if your not a chocolate lover