Chocolate orange cookies
Member recipe by laurabethmcn
ServingsServes 1 - 15 Cookies
- 125g dark chocolate (I use Bournville)
- 150g plain flour
- 30g cocoa powder, sieved
- 1 tsp bi carb
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 125g butter, softened
- 75g light brown sugar
- 50g caster sugar
- finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- 1 egg, cold
- 200g white chocolate, cut into chunks (or use chips)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C/gas mark 3 and line a large baking sheet. Melt the dark chocolate in a microwave in 30 second blasts or over a pan of barely simmering water until melted. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- Place the flour, cocoa, bi carb and salt into a bowl and set aside. Cream the butter and sugars together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Add the cooled melted chocolate and beat to combine.
- Beat in the orange zest and egg, followed by the flour mixture. Once combined stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Roll the dough into small or large balls, depending on what size you want your cookies, and place on the baking tray. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of a cookie comes out clean.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and leave the cookies to cool on the tray for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool.