Member recipe by jillsymes
- 125g (4.5oz) plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 300ml (10 floz) milk
- 1-2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Pre heat the oven to Gas 7 (220c/425f)
- Sift the flour from a great height into a mixing bowl & add a pinch of salt - combine.
- Make a well in the middle & add both eggs & a little milk - mix with a wooden spoon incorporating the flour slowly gradually adding half the milk.
- When all the flour is mixed in add the remaining the milk and whisk with a baloon whisk to make sure there are no lumps.
- Transfer to a jug & put in the fridge for 30 mins to rest.
- When the batter is nearly ready add a little of the oil to each hole of the bun tin & put the tin into the oven for 5mins or until smoking hot (this ensures the pudding rises)
- Give one final stir and then divide the mix equally between the bun tin and cook for 20-30 mins until golden and risen.