Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 40
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced very thinly
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 20 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- STEP 1Lightly salt the cucumber slices and place them in a colander to drain for 1 to 2 hours.
- STEP 2Then combine the butter and garlic and apply to 1 side of each slice of bread.
- STEP 3In a small bowl, stir together the lemon juice, olive oil, and pepper.
- STEP 4Add the cucumber slices, coating them well.
- STEP 5Arrange the cucumber on 10 of the bread slices.
- STEP 6Top with the other 10 slices, remove the crusts, and quarter