Borlotti Bean and Tuna Salad
Member recipe by hayleylongdin
This recipe is packed full of protein! It's ideal for gym-goers or pefect for a quick, easy, and tasty lunch.
- 1 x 300g can green beans, drained
- 1 x 420 g can borlotti beans, drained
- 1 x 200g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 60 g (2 oz) pine nuts toasted
- 1 tablespoons (15 ml) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 packet (100 g) of ready-washed watercress
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) Dijon mustard
- â¢ Place the green beans, borlotti beans and tuna in a large salad bowl. Combine, roughly breaking up the tuna into large flakes. Stir in the pine nuts and parsley.
- â¢ Place the dressing ingredients in a bottle or screw-topped glass jar and shake until combined. Add half of the dressing to the bean mixture and mix until well combined.
- â¢ Place the watercress in a bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Spoon the bean salad over the watercress.