Tomato Soup Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 10
- 2 cups Sugar
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 can Tomato Soup (I used Heinz) 420g
- 2 teaspoons Bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups of Raisins
- 3 cups Flour
For the frosting:
- 1 cup Icing sugar
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon cream or 1/2 teaspoon milk
- 90g Cream Cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup chopped Walnuts (optional)
- STEP 1Using an electric mixer, in a bowl beat sugar and butter well, add eggs and continue beating for another minute.
- STEP 2Now mix in all other ingredients one at a time.
- STEP 3Pour mixture into well greased cake tins, and bake at 180 deg C or 350 deg F, for 30-45 minutes. When a sharp knife is inserted into the cake, it should come out clean.
- STEP 4Allow to cool on wire rack.
- STEP 5Mix all ingredients for frosting together, spread over cake and sprinkle with chopped walnuts. Enjoy!!