Pancakes with Strawberry Jam
Member recipe by daeriin
Simple and tasty pancakes with sweet strawberries to enjoy for breakfast.
- 2 eggs
- 500 ml milk
- 200 g flour
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- For the quick strawberry jam:
- 200 g strawberries fresh or frozen
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp starch
- Beat eggs with sugar and salt.
- Add oil and milk one at a time and stir well after each new ingredient.
- Add baking powder, flour and mix the dough with a mixer (should be liquid).
- Preheat a pan, smear it with some oil and bake the pancakes (small or medium ladle per one pancake depending on the size of your pan). When the lower side is yellow, flip and bake for some more seconds on the other side. If the pancakes tear and won't flip, ad some more flour.
- To make the quick jam take the strawberries. If fresh - wash, press the juice out and put with the juice and some water (not to burn) in a saucepan. If frozen - put in the saucepan as is.
- Add sugar, mix and heat the strawberries on medium heat till boil.
- Meanwhile dissolve the starch in some water.
- Gradually add liquid starch to strawberries and stir well in the process. Watch the thickness: if too thick for your tastes - add some more water, if too liquid - add more starch. Boil for a minute. Take off the heat. Serve together with pancakes.
- Enjoy! :]