Pesto chicken pasta
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
Chicken, chestnut mushrooms and pesto with pappardelle bound together with creme fraiche and topped with Parmesan.
- 200g pappardelle or tagliatelle pasta
- 300g free-range chicken fillets, cut into small pieces
- 100g chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (optional)
- 3 tablespoons fresh pesto
- 3 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1 tablespoon olive oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1First, fry the chicken in the olive oil for 5 minutes until golden. Add the garlic (optional), mushrooms and spring onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- STEP 2Cook the pasta in boiling, lightly salted water according to packet instructions. Drain, adding a few drops of olive oil to separate.
- STEP 3Stir the pesto into the chicken and mushroom mixture, then stir through the creme fraiche. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- STEP 4Serve in bowls, topped with grated Parmesan cheese.