American style waffles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
American style waffle mix. You'll need a waffle iron, or if you don't have one it's also a great fluffy pancake mix.
- 250g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 355ml warm milk
- 75g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STEP 1In a large bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and sugar; set aside.
- STEP 2In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla.
- STEP 3Preheat waffle maker to desired temperature.
- STEP 4Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture; beat until blended.
- STEP 5Ladle the batter into the preheated waffle maker. Cook until golden and crisp.