Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Homemade panini bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- 30 minutes to rise
- Makes 12
A soft homemade delicious Italian bread which is simple to make as well.
- 300g plain flour
- 100g wholegrain flour
- 200ml cold water
- 50ml boiling water
- 25g yeast
- 50ml olive oil
- 1tbsp acacia honey
- 1tsp salt
- STEP 1Mix in a bowl the cold and boiling water. The water needs to be cool enough to touch which is perfect temperature for yeast to develop. Stir the yeast in the water until dissolved.
- STEP 2Add the rest of the ingredients and stir ideally in a mixture and for about 5 minutes or knead by hand - the dough needs to be pliable and elastic.
- STEP 3Cover the dough with a tea towel and let it rise for an hour.
- STEP 4Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll them into oval flatbreads, around 15cm long. Cover a baking tray with baking parchment. Place the flatbreads on the tray, cover them and let rise again for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 180 degrees convection.
- STEP 5Bake the breads for 10 minutes or until they are slightly golden on top. Leave to cool.
- STEP 6Cut them lengthways and fill them a favourite filling of yours. Place them in the oven at 200 degrees convention or the grill setting until the filling is melted and the bread is crisp.