chilli and garlic linguine
Member recipe by button8
A simple but very tasty dish. The dried chilli adds warmth rather than heat while the garlic and lemon add a zingy freshness.
- 500g good quality linguine/spaghetti
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- olive oil for frying
- 2 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- extra virgin olive oil to serve
- parmesan to serve
- salt for pasta water
- Put large pan of salted water on to boil and a large frying pan or wok (needs to be big enough to fit everything into it at the end) on to heat gently.
- Add 3 tbsps of olive oil to the frying pan/wok. Put in the anchovy,chilli flakes and garlic. turn the heat to low. Do not let the garlic burn.
- When the water comes up to the boil add the linguine. Cook according to pack instructions.
- Whilst pasta is cooking stir the lemon zest into the garlic mixture.
- Drain the cooked pasta then add it to the frying pan along with the chopped parsley and lemon juice. Combine it all together using tongs or similar.
- Serve with a good drizzle of extra virgin and parmesan to taste.