Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
How to make Bhel Puri Recipe
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Bhel Puri Recipe is one of the popular street food in India. It is a mouth watering and lip smacking snack; is often identified with beaches of Mumbai and Chowpatty. It is a healthy, quick and easy to make a recipe.
- 2 cup puffed rice or murmura or churumuri
- ½ onion, finely chopped, 3 tbsp tamarind chutney
- 3 papdi, crushed, ½ potato boiled & cubed
- 3 tbsp mixture, 2 tbsp tomato, finely chopped, 2 tbsp fried peanuts
- ½ tbsp chaat masala, ¼ tbsp kashmiri red chilli powder and ¼ tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp green chutney, 2 tbsp sev and 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander, finely chopped
- STEP 1To start with this recipe firstly, we need a large mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of murmura or puffed rice.
- STEP 2Now in a bowl add ½ onion, ½ potato, 3 crushed papdi, 3 tbsp mixture and 2 tbsp fried peanuts. You can also add fried moong dal or moong beans to make this recipe more crunchy or crispy.
- STEP 3Also add 2 tbsp tomato, ½ tsp chaat masala, ¼ tsp chili powder and ¼ tsp salt.
- STEP 4Further add 2 tbsp tamarind chutney, 2 tbsp green chutney and 1 tsp lemon juice.
- STEP 5Mix all the spices and chutneys and make sure that all the ingredients are combined well.
- STEP 6Add 3 tbsp sev and give it a quick mix.
- STEP 7Sprinkle some coriander leaves, onions over the mixture.
- STEP 8Squeeze some lemon juice at the same time toss the whole mixture together.
- STEP 9Place this mixture into a bowl and serve immediately. If you don’t serve this Bhel Puri immediately then it will become soggy and you won’t enjoy it.