Stand mixers are the workhorses of the kitchen appliance world. Designed to save your arms from the repetitive tasks of mixing, kneading and whipping, they’re a great investment for hands-free baking and breadmaking. Just switch it on and it’ll chug away in the background.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are both great opportunities to snag discounts on top-performing kitchen gadgets from brands like KitchenAid, Smeg and Nespresso – not just stand mixers, but everything from food processors to the best coffee machines. Tested by BBC Good Food experts, these models were chosen for their build quality, efficiency and variety of attachments, particularly those included for making cakes and doughs.
Large capacity mixing bowls are usually standard, as are dough hooks and whisks, but attachments and speed functions do vary. We’d recommend doing your own research so that you have a model in mind.
Consider the capacity you need. How big is your countertop? Stand mixers are medium-sized appliances, so take up a larger footprint than, for example, a kettle. If you’d like a mixer to cover the basics, there’s little need to splash out on a high-spec gadget when there are better value-for-money options available.
We’ll be updating this page regularly with all the latest news and Black Friday stand mixer deals on our favourite tried and tested machines below.
For all the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday kitchen appliance deals and more unbiased expert buyer’s guides, visit our reviews section to find 400+ round-ups on everything from the best dishwasher tablets to slow cookers and food processors.
Which retailers are having Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales?
Here’s where to find some of the best prices on stand mixers and kitchen appliances right now:
- Very – still live: Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on home tech including KitchenAid and Kenwood
- Lakeland – still live: save on electricals including KitchenAid accessories
- Currys – still live: ‘Black Fri-Yay!’ deals across various departments
- John Lewis & Partners – still live: save on large and small appliances including Kenwood and Magimix
- Appliances Direct – new Cyber Monday deals: up to 40% off appliances including fridge freezers
- Nisbets – new Cyber Monday discount: 10% off everything with code CYBER (30 November only, max £25 discount, T&C apply)
- Argos – still live: half price kitchen appliances including Ninja and Nespresso
- Robert Dyas – still live: Mega Deals on home and garden including Kenwood and Salter electricals
- AO.com – still live: save on appliances including best dishwashers and microwaves
- Amazon – new Cyber Monday deals across various departments
- House of Fraser – still live: £20 voucher with every £100 spent (T&C apply)
If it’s gifts for foodies you’re after, Trouva, Not on the High Street, Amara and Ethical Superstore all ran Black Friday offers last year and will be doing the same later this month. The latter will not only be offering 20% off everything from the 23-30 November, but also donating grocery items to the Newcastle West End Foodbank with every order over £30.
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday stand mixer deals 2020
KitchenAid Artisan stand mixer, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 20% at Currys, was £499 now £399 (back in stock for Cyber Monday)
- Selling for £399 at KitchenAid with free delivery (Empire Red and Onyx Black models currently in stock)
You can currently save £100 on the medium-sized 4.8-litre Artisan at Currys, now £399 down from £499. This stand mixer features a stainless steel dough hook, a six-wire whisk and a flat-beater attachment. Use code KTFNDD at checkout for free next-day delivery on this order. RRP £499.
Kenwood KVL8300S Chef Titanium XL stand mixer, Black Friday deals
- Save 10% at Nisbets with code CYBER (Cyber Monday only, max discount £25), RRP £629.99 excl VAT
Best stand mixer for versatility
This 6.8-litre Kenwood Chef oozes quality and style. Its 1700W motor is covered by a 10-year guarantee and powers its hefty stainless steel attachments which fit snugly into the head. With a large capacity, you can’t do better for batch cooking and baking. Unfortunately, it’s now been discontinued, so be quick on Cyber Monday whilst stocks last! RRP £739.98.
Read our full Kenwood Chef XL Titanium review.
Russell Hobbs Go Create stand mixer, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Best price: Save on RRP, £99.99 at Argos
Best mid-range stand mixer
This is one of the cheapest stand mixers on the market, but the performance is far from budget. Offering 10 speed settings, a five-litre stainless steel bowl and three attachments, including a flat beater, dough hook and balloon whisk, it’s a great all-rounder for baking lovers who want a bit of oomph for beating your Christmas cake. It’s not the newest design, which is probably why this mixer is available at Argos for such a low price. Snap it up whilst stocks last. RRP around £150.
Read our full Russell Hobbs Go Create stand mixer review.
One to watch:
KitchenAid 6.9-litre Artisan stand mixer, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Best stand mixer for baking
This KitchenAid screams ‘serious baker’, but when it comes to noisiness, you’ll still be able to hear the radio over its top speed setting. It’s a real statement bit of kit, that powers through batters, bread doughs and pastry with zero fuss. RRP £699.
Although there are no current deals on this Artisan mixer itself, there’s opportunity to save £25 on its sibling, the 6.9-litre Heavy Duty KitchenAid stand mixer at Nisbets, with voucher code CYBER (save £25). Both share a 500W motor and feature whisk, dough hook and flat beater attachments, but where the Artisan’s are stainless steel, the Heavy Duty machine’s dough hook and flat beater are anti-stick coated aluminium. As with all expensive kitchen appliances, make sure you read the product’s full specifications to ensure it is the right model for you before buying. RRP £749.
Read our full KitchenAid 6.9-litre Artisan stand mixer review.
Kenwood kMix Editions stand mixer, Black Friday deals
- Save 55% at Currys, was £549 now £249 (save £300 on various colours – Rose Gold model in stock for Cyber Monday)
- One to watch: Save up to 50% at Kenwoodworld.com, was £599.99 now £299 (save £300.99 on various colours – currently out of stock)
This is an eye-catching bit of kit for your countertop with 1000w of power behind it. Featured within the box are three steel tools: a dough hook, whisk and the brand’s recognisable K-Beater, all dishwasher-safe. We particularly liked the gradual pace-increase of the whisk when you jump between speeds. RRP £599.99.
Read our full Kenwood kMix Editions stand mixer review.
More Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Black Friday coffee machine deals
Black Friday microwave deals
Black Friday toaster deals
Black Friday dishwasher deals
Black Friday blender deals
Black Friday slow cooker deals
Black Friday food processor deals
Black Friday fridge freezer deals
Black Friday kettle deals
Black Friday alcohol deals
When is Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2020?
Black Friday falls on Friday 27 November this year, immediately followed by Cyber Monday on 30 November. Being the major shopping event before Christmas, deals will run across a full three days, but we’re already seeing discounts go live in preparation.
Due to government restrictions on the opening of non-essential retail shops until 2 December, Black Friday will look a little different this year. Retail giants are bringing their biggest deals online earlier to entice customers and suss out competitors’ prices in plenty of time.
Once you’ve decided on which stand mixer would suit you and your kitchen best, we’d recommend researching its RRP and watching discounts as they ramp up. Then you’ll be better equipped to recognise a strong deal.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Stand mixers vary dramatically in price, so to get good value for money, think about the functions that really matter to you. Our best stand mixers list and buyer’s guide is a good place to start.
- Know the RRP in advance so you’re aware of how much money you’ll save with each deal. The manufacturers page is a good place to start if you’d like to source details of the original recommended price.
- Do your research in advance so you know the model you want. It’s easy to be seduced by big deals on expensive gadgets, but if you don’t need the majority of functions on offer, you’re not saving any money.
- Only buy what you can afford.
- Some retailers, such as John Lewis & Partners and Currys PC World guarantee that they will match a price if you find a product being sold cheaper by another retailer.
Do your research ahead of time, decide on the best stand mixer for your kitchen, and check back here for all the latest news and best Black Friday 2020 stand mixer deals.
The BBC Good Food reviews section features buyer’s guides brought to you by the Good Food experts.
This page was updated on 30 November 2020