Microwaves are built for convenience, designed to help you save time on rustling up a meal at the touch of a button. Thanks to the sophistication of modern models you’re rarely limited to one function. Pre-sets, grilling and a convection oven offer variation that lets you experiment with an array of microwave recipes.
Whether you’re looking for something that does the basics well or a robust option that can do pretty much everything, we tested the best microwaves for every requirement to help you find the perfect model for your kitchen.
For all the best Black Friday and Cyber Monday kitchen appliance deals and more unbiased expert buyer’s guides, visit our reviews section to find 400+ round-ups on everything from the best dishwasher tablets to slow cookers and food processors.
Which retailers have Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales running?
We’re bringing you all the biggest deals on our tried and tested recommendations of the best microwaves, but for even more Black Friday kitchen appliance deals, check out these retailer sales:
- Very – still live: Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals on home tech including KitchenAid and Kenwood
- Lakeland – still live: save on electricals including KitchenAid accessories
- Currys – still live: ‘Black Fri-Yay!’ deals across various departments
- John Lewis & Partners – still live: save on large and small appliances including Kenwood and Magimix
- Appliances Direct – new Cyber Monday deals: up to 40% off appliances including fridge freezers
- Nisbets – new Cyber Monday discount: 10% off everything with code CYBER (30 November only, max £25 discount, T&C apply)
- Argos – still live: half price kitchen appliances including Ninja and Nespresso
- Robert Dyas – still live: Mega Deals on home and garden including Kenwood and Salter electricals
- AO.com – still live: save on appliances including best dishwashers and microwaves
- Amazon – new Cyber Monday deals across various departments
- House of Fraser – still live: £20 voucher with every £100 spent (T&C apply)
If it’s gifts for foodies you’re after, Trouva, Not on the High Street, Amara and Ethical Superstore all ran Black Friday offers last year and will be doing the same later this month. The latter will not only be offering 20% off everything from the 23-30 November, but also donating grocery items to the Newcastle West End Foodbank with every order over £30.
Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday microwave deals 2020
Samsung combination microwave MC28M6055CK, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 33% at Very, was £249.99 now £167.99 (Save £82)
- Save 32% at Currys, was £249, now £169 (Save £80)
- Save 10% at Argos, was £189.99 now £169.99 (Save £20)
- Also selling for £169 at John Lewis
Best microwave for healthy cooking
This Samsung model was rated 4.5/5 stars by the BBC Good Food team when tested. Designed with healthy cooking in mind, there’s an impressive 13 presets on offer for cooking everything from grilled salmon and quinoa to proving home-made dough. Some of the brand’s trademark features are also put to use, with the Easy View™ door meaning food can be easily monitored while it cooks. For the modern tech lover, this microwave is a great choice. RRP £229.
Read our full Samsung combination microwave review.
Swan Nordic digital microwave, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 10% at Comet, was £94.98 now £85.48 (Save £9.50)
- Save 18% at Robert Dyas, was £109.99 now £89.99 (Save £20)
- Save 13% at Amazon, was £98.65 now £86 (Save £12.65)
- Selling for £99 at AO.com
Best microwave for stylish kitchens
You can currently save £20 on the Swan Nordic digital microwave at Amazon. Its wood-effect handle and matt finish make a refreshing change from traditional microwave designs. This 20-litre model has a small footprint, particularly suiting kitchens with limited counter-top space. RRP £109.99.
Read our full Swan Nordic digital microwave review.
Hotpoint Supreme Chef MWH 338 SX, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 10% at Hughes, was £284 now £255 (Save £29)
- Save 6% at Appliances Direct, was £299.97 now £279.97 (Save £20)
- Save 22% at AO.com, was £329 now £255 (Save £74)
Best combination microwave overall
Loaded with settings and functions beyond those you would expect from a microwave oven, including butter-softening and dough-rising, this Hotpoint Supreme Chef stood out from the rest as a clear star buy. Its performance, ease-of-use and instructions make it a robust option if you’re looking for something to cover all bases. RRP around £299.
Read our full Hotpoint Supreme Chef microwave review.
Sharp R959SLMAA 40-litre combination microwave oven, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
- Save 9% at AO.com, was £319 now £289 (Save £30)
- Save 15% at Hughes, was £339.99 now £289 (Save £50.99)
- Price matched by Amazon at £289
A major selling point of this microwave is its size. At 40-litres, it boasts double the capacity of many machines, with a turntable that easily accommodates large plates or oval dishes. It’s a great choice for larger households and simply anyone who loves the humble spud. You’re able to input the number of potatoes cooking rather than the weight. RRP around £349.
Read our full Sharp combination microwave review.
Beko MOF20110B 800W compact microwave
Best microwave for older and solo users
If you’re looking for a basic microwave that’s affordable and easy-to-use, this Beko model might fit the bill. It doesn’t have the added functions or stylish finish of more expensive models, but it works very well and the cooking results were impressive. The display is clear, the buttons are tactile, timing is set with a dial rather than buttons, and the handle is sturdy and easy to pull, making this a great option for older or less dexterous users, or the less tech-savvy.
Read our full Beko compact microwave review.
Bosch HMT84M451B Solo microwave, Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Best microwave for longevity
With an impressive 25-litre capacity, 315mm turntable and 900W maximum power, the Bosch Solo is a good choice for families. Bosch is a heritage brand and its ‘Invented for Life’ label carries some heft, so we’d expect this to endure the test of time. It’s a utilitarian machine with intuitive buttons and simple presets, although spud lovers should be aware there’s no baked potato option. However, we used pack instructions to blast a potato and the results were good.
More Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
Black Friday coffee machine deals
Black Friday slow cooker deals
Black Friday toaster deals
Black Friday dishwasher deals
Black Friday blender deals
Black Friday stand mixer deals
Black Friday food processor deals
Black Friday fridge freezer deals
Black Friday kettle deals
Black Friday alcohol deals
When is Black Friday 2020?
Black Friday will take place on 27 November this year and be followed by Cyber Monday on 30 November. Originally a tradition only in the US and Canada, this annual shopping event is now one of the best opportunities to get top gadgets with great discounts ahead of Christmas in the UK.
With all non-essential retail shops now closed in England until 2 December in line with national restrictions, high street retailers will be bringing the biggest and best Black Friday deals online. Expect some healthy competition between them and online retail giants like Amazon across the event.
The more competition there is, the lower prices get.
When you’ve decided on which microwave to invest in, keep an eye on its RRP and buy the device at a price you feel comfortable with. We’re expecting stock to run out quickly this year.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- Microwaves vary dramatically in specification as well as price, so to make sure you’re getting good value for money for the features you want we recommend researching in advance. Check out our guide to the best microwaves as a starting point.
- Know the RRP of the microwave you want. Then you’ll have a better sense of how much money you’ll save with each deal.
- Don’t be swayed by reductions on microwaves you don’t want or need. With so many Black Friday deals it’s easy to get overwhelmed and pay for features you won’t use.
- Only buy what you can afford.
- Keep in mind that some retailers such as AO.com, John Lewis & Partners and Currys PC World offer a price match guarantee.
This page was updated on 30 November 2020