All kettles boil water. But some offer features you might not expect, like the ability to control the temperature of the heated water – which is handy for brewing drinks such as coffee.
Lid design is something to keep in mind. Some flip, others lift off entirely and on some more traditional models, handles extend across the opening. Looking at the design of your kitchen taps could help you decide which model would be best for easily filling in the sink.
We tested a range of the best kettles to bring you our tried and tested favourite models for all budgets. Each one turned off automatically and came with bases, with capacities ranging from 1.2-1.8 litres. Kettle weight, design and ease of use were also taken into consideration.
Our full kettle buying guide runs you through everything you need to know, from features to look out for to speed and capacity. Once you’ve decided on the kettle for you, this is the right place to be.
For more Black Friday kitchen appliance deals and unbiased expert buyer’s guides, visit our reviews section to find 400+ round-ups of everything from the best dishwasher tablets to slow cookers and food processors.
Which retailers have Black Friday offers available?
We’ve brought you the best deals we can find on our recommended kettles below, but for more Black Friday kitchen appliance offers, take a look at these retailers:
- Amazon – Black Friday deals live including on kettle and toaster sets
- AO.com – savings available on everything from the best dishwashers to microwaves
- Very – discounts available on home tech including KitchenAid
- Wayfair – Christmas sale and daily deals
- Currys – ‘Black Fri-Yay!’ deals are live
- House of Fraser – £20 voucher with every £100 spent (T&C apply)
- Argos – half price kitchen appliances. Offers on Breville, Morphy Richards and Cookworks kettles.
- Selfridges – up to 20% off kitchen and home including Le Creuset, Magimix and Smeg with code, SELFCC at checkout
- Lakeland – up to 50% off kitchenware and home appliances
- John Lewis & Partners – save on kitchenware and appliances , plus 20% off Le Creuset. Offers on Dualit and Bosch toasters.
If it’s gifts for foodies you’re looking for, our reviews section is full of inspiration. Trouva, Amara, Not on the High Street and Ethical Superstore are also great places to find unique personal gifts and contemporary homeware. Ethical superstore will be actively donating grocery items to the Newcastle West End Foodbank with every order over £30, alongside running a 20% Black Friday discount across its site between 23-30 November.
Best Black Friday kettle deals
Swan Nordic jug kettle, Black Friday deals
- Save 20% at Robert Dyas, was £49.99 now £39.99 (save £10)
- Save 4% at Amazon, was £49.99 now £47 (save £2.99)
- Price matched: AO.com at £47
- Selling for £40.49 at Comet, plus free delivery
- Save 20% on the green version of this kettle at Very, was £49.99 now £39.99 (save £10)
Most stylish kettle
This elegant Scandinavian-inspired model by Swan is small in footprint and large in capacity, offering 1.7-litres within its soft-touch housing and a rubber wood-effect handle for improved grip. The water level gauge is easy to see despite having been placed behind it. Rated 5/5 stars when tested by BBC Good Food experts, this really is one of the best kettles out there and is currently available in selected colours for £47 at AO.com. RRP £49.99.
Read our full Swan Nordic kettle review.
KitchenAid Artisan 1.5 litre variable temperature kettle
- ‘Candy Apple’ model selling at John Lewis for £129
- Save 6% at Harts of Stur, was £149 now £139.95 (Save £9.05)
Best overall kettle
This is a statement kettle that looks great and does everything you need. It’s got a big footprint with a large base, and it’s eye-catching and glossy. Chunky, solid and highly effective, it’s shorter and squatter than most. This kettle gives you a choice of temperatures for your water, of between 50-100C. As well as being suitable for people who enjoy teas that requires a different temperature, it’s ideal for parents making hot-but-not-too-hot drinks for children, or those using warm water for other purposes, like cooking. Read our full KitchenAid Artisan kettle review.
Dualit Domus kettle, Black Friday deals
- Save 19% at Amazon, was £99.99 now £81 (save £18.99 on grey model)
- Save 10% at Harts of Stur, was £89.99 now £81 (save £8.99 on grey model)
Most user-friendly kettle
Dualit is currently selling its Domus kettle in grey and white colourways for £89.99 without a reduction, which reduces the value of Amazon’s current deal. However, it is an opportunity to save an extra £4.50 on this 1.5-litre model. Despite its compact footprint and smaller size, it still provides six cups of tea, so would suit a variety of household sizes. RRP £89.99.
Read our full Dualit Domus kettle review.
Tefal Loft kettle, Black Friday deals
- Save 56% at Currys, was £79.99 now £34.97 (Save £45.02)
For no-fuss reliability, the Tefal is an excellent mid-range kettle which boils in two minutes 14 seconds. The lid pulls off completely so it’s nice and easy to fill. RRP £74.99.
Read our full Tefal Loft kettle review.
Russell Hobbs and Emma Bridgewater polka dot kettle, Black Friday deals
- Save 25% at Currys, was £79.99 now £59.99 plus free delivery (Save £20)
- Save 25% at Amazon, was £79.99 now £59.99 plus free delivery (Save £20)
Best kettle for style
If you’re looking to bring that country kitchen vibe into your own home, this Russell Hobbs collaboration with artist Emma Bridgewater is one way to achieve it. RRP £79.99.
Read our full Russell Hobbs Emma Bridgewater kettle review.
Stellar glass filter kettle, Black Friday deals
- Save 14% at Amazon, was £23.12, now £19.99 (save £3.13)
- Save 51% at Harts of Stur, was £41 now £19.94 (save £21.06)
Best for water conservation
This is an unobtrusive kettle with a simple, no-nonsense design that will actually help you conserve water and energy. The clear glass encourages only boiling what you need, and comes with very clear measurement notches up to its maximum capacity, 1.7-litres. RRP £41.
Read our full Stellar glass filter kettle review.
Bosch cordless kettle, Black Friday deals
- Save 25% at AO on both black and white models, was £79 now £59 (Save £20)
- Selling at John Lewis for £69.99
- One to watch: Was £69.99 down from £79.99 at Currys (13% saving)
Best value cordless kettle
This is a feature-rich kettle with touch-screen-like controls that would be a perfect choice for tea or coffee aficionados. It will heat water to anywhere between 70-100C in just over two minutes, also offering a keep-warm function for maintaining the temperature for up to 30 minutes. RRP £99.
Read our full Bosch cordless kettle review.
Black Friday kitchen appliance deals
When is Black Friday 2020?
Now a major global shopping event before Christmas every year, Black Friday is a great time to pick up everything from kitchen appliances to great gifts for foodies at a discounted price.
There’s been a trend over the last few years of brands and retailers releasing deals quite far in advance of Black Friday itself, which this year takes place on Friday 27 November, immediately followed by Cyber Monday on the 30th.
Are the kettle deals on Black Friday worth waiting for?
The UK’s largest high-street retailers including Argos, John Lewis & Partners and Currys ran offers across their stock both in store and online last year and as evidenced above, are competing against online giants like Amazon, AO.com and Very for your purchasing power this year. It would also be worth visiting brand pages directly.
How to get a good deal on Black Friday
- Prior research and planning will help you choose which kettle will suit your kitchen space and user requirements. Then you’ll be prepped to snare a great Black Friday kettle deal. Our buyer’s guide is a good place to start.
- Knowing the RRP of your chosen product in advance will give you a reference point as deals start getting bigger and bigger.
- Only buy what you can afford. Remember, if you didn’t need it in the first place, you’re not really saving any money.
- Shop around. Very and AO.com are two major contenders for massive Black Friday deals so don’t just stick to Amazon. Some retailers such as John Lewis & Partners and Currys also offer a price match guarantee.
Should I wait for Cyber Monday?
We’re already seeing offers on kitchen appliances start to drop not only from retailers but also from brands themselves. With non-essential retail stores closing between November 5 and December 2 in line with new national regulations, more people will be shopping online and the result will be some strong competition. There’s less reason to wait for Cyber Monday than in previous years.
Check back here for all the latest news and best kettle Black Friday 2020 deals.
The BBC Good Food review section features buyer’s guides brought to you by our Test Kitchen experts. Before you start your Black Friday shopping, take a look at our picks of the best kitchen gadgets on the market.
This page was updated on 27 November, 2020