- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 4 new potatoes, thinly sliced
New potatoes have thin, wispy skins and a crisp, waxy texture. They are young potatoes and…
- 6 canned or jarred artichokes, halved
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- 4 spring onions, halved lengthways
Also known as scallions or green onions, spring onions are in fact very young onions, harvested…
- 2 pork sausages, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
A dried seed that comes from the fennel herb, fennel seeds look like cumin seeds, only greener,…
- 1 small lemon, cut into wedges
Oval in shape with a pronouced bulge on one end, lemons are one of the most versatile…
- ½ tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 400g can flageolet or butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 150ml low-salt vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp fresh pesto
Pesto is a generic Italian name for any sauce made by pounding ingredients together.
- crusty bread, to serve (optional)
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 4. Toss the red onion, potatoes, artichokes, tomatoes, spring onions, sausages, fennel seeds and lemon wedges together in a baking tray or 20 x 20cm baking dish. Drizzle over the oil and season to taste (you won’t need a lot of salt, as the sausages can be quite salty).
Roast for 20 mins, then add the beans and stock. Roast for 35 mins more, then remove from the oven, swirl through the pesto and serve with crusty bread, if you like.