Spinach & tomato tortillas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion , chopped
- 1 red or yellow pepper , seeded and chopped
- 200g can chopped tomato
- 85g canned mixed bean , rinsed and drained
- good pinch of mild chilli powder
- 3generous handfuls of fresh spinach leaves
- 4 flour tortillas , about 20cm in diameter
- STEP 1
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, add the onion and pepper and cook gently for a few minutes until they are soft.
- STEP 2
Tip in the tomatoes and mixed beans, then add the chilli powder. Heat until the sauce is bubbling, then lower the heat and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Now add the spinach to the tomato and bean mixture and cook until the leaves have wilted – this will only take a minute or so. Remove the pan from the heat. Check the seasoning – you shouldn’t need salt, though you might want to add a little pepper, and more chilli powder if you like things hot.
- STEP 3
Lay the tortillas on a work top, spoon in the filling, then fold them into triangles.