- 1¼kg chicken thighs and drumsticks (approx. weight, we used a 1.23kg mixed pack)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 2 onions, sliced
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and chopped
- 250g frozen peppers, defrosted
Also known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and…
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 420g can kidney beans in chilli sauce
Native to the Americas, kidney beans are so called because of their shape and come in very…
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained
- 400ml hot chicken stock
- small bunch coriander, chopped
- 150ml pot soured cream and crusty bread, to serve
Pull the skin off the chicken and discard. Heat the oil in a large casserole dish, brown the chicken all over, then remove with a slotted spoon. Tip in the onions, garlic and chillies, then fry for 5 mins until starting to soften and turn golden.
Add the peppers, tomatoes, beans and hot stock. Put the chicken back on top, half-cover with a pan lid and cook for 50 mins, until the chicken is cooked through and tender.
Stir through the coriander and serve with soured cream and crusty bread.