Simple Greek salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Greek salad is a salad bar staple, when it’s prepared with proper ingredients it encompasses everything that is good about simple food of the sun.
- 450ml best quality tomato you can find, cored and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion , cut into chunks
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon , juice only
- handful each of flatleaf parsley and mint leaves, kept whole
- 200g good quality Greek feta cheese , broken into large chunks
- 20 black olives , preferably kalamata
- pitta bread , to serve, optional
- STEP 1
Gently mix together all the ingredients trying not to break up the feta any more and season with black pepper, and sea salt if you want. This is lovely served with hot, griddled pitta bread.