Roasted cod with zingy beetroot salad
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 200g baby new potatoes, quartered
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless cod fillets (or any white fish)
- thumb-sized piece of ginger, finely sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
For the beetroot salad
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 large raw beetroot, peeled and grated
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- ½ tbsp honey
- ½ small bunch of coriander, leaves picked
- STEP 1
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put a pan of water on a high heat. When it boils add the potatoes, then turn the heat down and simmer for 10-12 mins until tender.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile combine all of the salad ingredients, reserving a little coriander. Season lightly. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and run under cold water to cool. Drain again and toss through the salad.
- STEP 3
Rub the oil over the cod fillets, then put on a non-stick baking tray and lay a few ginger and lime slices on top of each fillet. Put in the oven and cook for 6-9 mins, depending on thickness.
- STEP 4
Divide the salad between four plates, then top with the cod and remaining coriander.