Quinoa & feta salad with roasted vegetables
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Quinoa is a fine, protein-packed grain that helps to keep you satisfied until your next meal, making this veggie salad a great lunchbox filler
- 200g quinoa
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion , peeled but left whole, then cut into 1cm thick round slices
- 2 peppers , red, yellow or mixture, deseeded and cut into chunky long wedges
- 200g baby courgette , halved lengthways
- 3 garlic cloves , unpeeled
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- pinch of sugar
- small pack flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
- 200g pack feta cheese
- STEP 1
Cook the quinoa following pack instructions, then drain really well and set aside.
- STEP 2
Meanwhile heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the onion and peppers with 1 tbsp of the oil and seasoning on a roasting tray, then roast for 15 mins.
- STEP 3
Toss the courgettes and garlic with the rest of the veg and roast for another 15 mins.
- STEP 4
Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins and mash with some seasoning. Stir in the remaining oil, lemon juice and zest and season with sugar to taste. Drizzle over the quinoa and toss together with the roasted vegetables and parsley. Crumble over the feta, toss gently again and serve.