Pizza fondue dip
- Preparation and cooking time
- plus cooling
- Serves 6
- 180g soft cheese
- 10g grated parmesan or vegetarian Italian-style hard cheese
- 100g grated mozzarella, or grated mozzarella & cheddar mix
- olive oil, for the dish and for drizzling
- 200g pizza sauce or passata
- 7-8 slices pepperoni (optional)
- garlic bread, crostini or breadsticks, to serve
- STEP 1
Tip the soft cheese into a bowl and beat with a whisk to loosen. Whisk in parmesan and half the mozzarella, then season. Oil a 15-18cm round baking dish. Spread the soft cheese mixture over the base, then pour over the pizza sauce or passata and spread out so it fully covers the soft cheese. Sprinkle over the rest of the mozzarella. Arrange the pepperoni on top, if using, and drizzle with a little olive oil. Can be made up to two days ahead, covered and chilled until ready to cook.
- STEP 2
Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Bake the dip for 25-30 mins, or until bubbling and golden. Meanwhile, cook the garlic bread following pack instructions, if using. Leave the dip to cool slightly, then serve with the garlic bread, crostini or breadsticks for dipping.