Liver & red pepper stir-fry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Ready in 25-35 minutes
- Serves 2
Think you don't like liver? Try it with a colourful medley of veg to make a supper dish bursting with flavour and nutrients
- 1½ tbsp groundnut oil
- 225g lamb's liver , cut into strips
- 1 leek , diagonally sliced
- 1 red pepper , seeded and cut into rough squares
- 1 red chilli , seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove , crushed
- 100g spring greens , thinly sliced
- grated zest of 1 orange and 2 tbsp juice
- 2 tbsp medium dry sherry
- STEP 1
Heat a tablespoon of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Add the liver and stir fry over a moderately high heat for 3 minutes until light brown – don’t cook for longer or the liver will become rubbery. Remove to a plate, leaving the juices in the pan.
- STEP 2
Tip the leek, red pepper and chilli into the pan with the rest of the oil and stir fry over a high heat for 2 minutes. Add the oregano, garlic and greens and stir fry for a further 30 seconds or so, until the greens have just wilted and turned a nice bright green.
- STEP 3
Return the liver to the pan, add the orange zest and juice, sherry, then season. Toss everything together on a high heat and serve immediately.