Hot chocolate reindeer cone
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 hot chocolate cone (serves 4)
- 35g salted caramel or regular instant hot chocolate powder
- 20g milk chocolate chips
- 30g fudge chunks
- 20g mini marshmallows (ensure vegetarian, if needed)
- 1 candy cane
You’ll also need
- 40cm square of baking parchment, 1 brown pipe cleaner, 2 stick-on eyes, 1 stick-on red nose and ribbon
- STEP 1
Fold the parchment in half diagonally, then in half again and in half once more so it forms a cone shape. Staple the inside of the cone together at the two top corners to attach the layers so you have a sealed cone that’s open at the top.
- STEP 2
Stand the parchment cone upright in a long, tall glass so the opening is at the top. Fill the cone with the hot chocolate powder, the chocolate chips, fudge pieces and marshmallows. Twist the top closed and secure with the brown pipe cleaner, then twist the pipe cleaner into two antlers. Fix two eyes and a red nose onto the front of the cone and tie a candy cane stirrer on top with ribbon.
- STEP 3
To serve, snip 3cm off the base of the cone and tip the contents into a large heatproof jug. Top up with 800ml boiling water and stir with the candy cane until the hot chocolate has dissolved and the chocolate chips and fudge pieces have melted. Divide between four mugs.