- 9 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 3 tbsp malt vinegar
- 4 tbsp dark muscovado sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
Onions are endlessly versatile and an essential ingredient in countless recipes. Native to Asia…
- 2 red peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
Also known as capsicums, bell peppers, sweet peppers or by their colours, for example red and…
- 227g can pineapple pieces in juice, drained
With its tuft of spiky, dusty green leaves and cross-hatched, golden orange skin, the pineapple…
- 100g sugar snap peas, roughly sliced
- handful salted, roasted cashew nuts, optional
The seeds from the 'Cashew Apple' - a tree which bears bright orange fruit and is native…
In a large microwaveable dish, mix the ketchup, vinegar, sugar and garlic thoroughly with the chicken, onion and peppers. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-10 mins until the chicken is starting to cook and the sauce is sizzling.
Stir in the pineapple pieces and sugar snap peas and return to the microwave for another 3-5 mins until the chicken is completely cooked. Leave to stand for a few minutes, then stir in the cashews, if using, and serve.