Easy pasta bake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Takes 40-55 minutes
- Serves 2
- 500g tub Neapolitan pasta sauce (from the chiller cabinet)
- a good handful of fresh basil leaves
- 250g pkt fresh stuffed spinach and ricotta tortellini
- 100g pkt mozzarella, sliced
- 2 tbsp grated fresh parmesan
- 1 tbsp pine nut
- mixed salad leaves, to serve
- STEP 1
Assemble the sauce. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4/fan160C. Tip the pasta sauce into a large bowl and thin it down with 100ml/31⁄2fl oz water. Scatter in the basil leaves and tortellini, season with salt and freshly ground pepper, and give it all a really good stir.
- STEP 2
Layer it all up. Tip half the pasta mixture into two individual gratin dishes (or one bigger one), tear half of the mozzarella and scatter over each dish. Spoon the rest of the pasta and sauce on top and press the pasta down a little so it doesn’t stick above the sauce too much. Tear the remaining mozzarella and scatter on top with the parmesan and the pine nuts.
- STEP 3
Bake and serve. Put the dishes on a baking sheet to catch any spills, and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and bubbling. Serve with a leafy salad.