- 5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for the baking sheet
Probably the most widely-used oil in cooking, olive oil is pressed from fresh olives. It's…
- 4 courgettes, sliced diagonally
The courgette is a variety of cucurbit, which means it's from the same family as cucumber,…
- 6-8 plum tomatoes, sliced lengthways
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- few thyme and rosemary sprigs, leaves picked and chopped
This popular herb grows in Europe, especially the Mediterranean, and is a member of the mint…
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Drizzle a large baking sheet with a little olive oil. Arrange a row of alternate courgette and tomato slices over the sheet with a garlic slice in between each. Repeat to make 8 rows. Scatter with the herbs, season and drizzle with the oil.
Bake for 20-25 mins until the vegetables are tender. Remove from the sheet with a palette knife and set a row on each plate.
Stripe effectTo create the stripy effect on the courgettes, run a potato peeler down their length at intervals before slicing.