Chorizo bean burgers
- Preparation and cooking time
- Plus chilling
- Serves 2
Combine Spanish sausage with the traditional pork variety for a pulse-packed, spicy burger
- 100g mini cooking chorizo , skins removed
- 3 pork sausages , squeezed from their skins
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp lime juice , plus wedges to serve
- small bunch coriander , chopped
- ½ x 400g can mixed beans , drained and rinsed
- 1 medium egg , lightly whisked
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil , plus extra to drizzle
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- soured cream, avocado, small handful rocket and chips , to serve (optional)
- STEP 1
In a food processor, pulse the chorizo, sausagemeat, paprika, lime juice and coriander until well combined. Add the beans and some seasoning, and quickly pulse again to mix. Tip into a bowl and mix in just enough egg (about half) to bind. Shape into 2 fat burgers, cover and chill for 15 mins. Meanwhile, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- STEP 2
Heat the oil in a pan and fry the burgers for 3 mins on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 10 mins until cooked through.
- STEP 3
Serve the burgers in rolls with soured cream, avocado and rocket, with chips and lime wedges on the side, if you like.