- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 3
- 1 small onion , chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- thumb-sized piece ginger , peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 green chillies , deseeded
- small pack coriander , leaves picked and stalk roughly chopped
- 100g unsalted cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ½ tbsp garam masala
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 450ml chicken stock
- 3 large chicken breasts (about 475g), any visible fat removed, chopped into chunks
- 155g fat-free Greek yogurt
- 10ml single cream (optional)
- 165g boiled or steamed greens (choose from spinach, kale, runner beans, asparagus or broccoli)
- STEP 1
Put the onion, garlic, ginger, chillies and coriander stalks in a small food processor and blitz to a paste.
- STEP 2
Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the cashews and toast for 1-2 mins until light golden. Set aside and return the pan to the heat. Add the oil and stir-fry the paste for 5 mins to soften. Add the garam masala and cook for a further 2 mins.
- STEP 3
Add the tomatoes and stock to the pan. Mix well, then tip into a blender with the cashews and blitz until smooth. Return to the pan, season and bring to the boil, then lower to a simmer.
- STEP 4
Cook for 30 mins until the sauce has thickened then add the chicken, cover with a lid and simmer for another 15 mins, until the chicken is cooked through. Add the yogurt and cream (if using), and stir well to make a creamy sauce.
- STEP 5
Scatter with the coriander leaves and serve with the greens.