Bean & sausage hotpot
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Warm up after work with this ultimate comfort food dish, just add a buttery dollop of mash
- 8 large sausages (course-cut ones like Toulouse or Cumberland are ideal)
- ¼ quantity tomato sauce (see 'Goes well with')
- 3 x 400g/14oz cans butter beans
- 1 tbsp black treacle or muscovado sugar
- 1 tsp English mustard
- STEP 1
In a large casserole, fry the sausages until brown all over – about 10 mins.
- STEP 2
Add the tomato sauce, stirring well, then stir in the beans, treacle or sugar and mustard. Bring to the simmer, cover and cook for 30 mins. Great served with crusty bread or rice.