- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 85g light muscovado sugar
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
The ultimate convenience food, eggs are powerhouses of nutrition, packed with protein and a…
- 225g self-raising flour
- 50g plain chocolate, 50-70% cocoa, roughly chopped
- 50g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 85g natural colour glacé cherry, roughly chopped
Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Beat the butter, sugars and egg until smooth, then mix in the flour, chocolates and cherry pieces and ½ tsp salt. Spoon onto non-stick baking sheets in large rough blobs – you’ll get 20 out of this mix. Make sure they are well spaced as the cookies grow substantially as they bake. The raw dough can be frozen.
Bake for 12-14 mins until just golden, but still quite pale and soft in the middle. If baking from frozen, give them a few mins more. Cool on the sheets for 5 mins, then lift onto racks with a fish slice and leave to cool completely.
Other flavoursTry swapping the cherries for sour cherries, nuts or even more chocolate.