Sweet Chilli Crab Noodles
Member recipe by elnoiangles
Very simple but very impressive - tasty and healthy. Takes 10-15 minutes.
- 2 125g blocks of medium egg noodles
- 1 tin white crab meat or fresh crab meat if available
- 4-6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper (optional), chopped
- handful of baby sweetcorn (optional)
- small handful of beansprouts (optional)
- 1 or 2 large red chillies (1 for mild heat, 2 for medium), finely chopped (or equivalent from a tube of chopped chilli)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet chili sauce/dipping sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Soy sauce to taste
- Heat oil in wok/frying pan and add red peppers and baby sweetcorn. Fry for 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile cook noodles to packet instructions. Add spring onions and fry for further 1 minute before adding optional beansprouts.
- Add crabmeat, heat through for one minute on medium heat before adding sweet chilli sauce and tomato ketchup. Keep on heat for two more minutes until hot.
- Add soy sauce to taste and serve - with prawn crackers if you aren't on a diet!