my old mans surperb chicken
Member recipe by sgt_atkins
- 170g mushrooms any combination
- olive oil
- 1 or 2 cloves of garlic peeled and finley chopped
- sea salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
- 4x200g skinless chicken breasts
- plain flour for dusting
- 1x500g puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 heaped table spoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 large glass of white wine
- 140ml double cream
- Preheat oven to 200C / 400F gas 6. Chop the mushrooms half rough half fine. To a hot pan, add a couple of lugs of olive oil and slowly fry the mushrooms and garlic for 10 minutes then add the parsley and season to taste allow to cool.
- Pull back the chicken fillet on the breasts and keep intact, score into the breast and stuff the chicken with the cooled mushrooms.
- Using a little dusting of flour and a rolling pin, roll the pastry out to around 45cm in lenght and 20cm wide and 0.5cm thick. slice into 4 pieces lenghtways and wrap around each one. Brush the pastry with a little egg and cook in the preheated oven for about 35 mins.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the mustard and wine into a hot pan and allow to reduce the alcohol smell. add the cream and simmer untill the sauce coats a back of a spoon, then remove the heat and season to taste.
- when the chicken breasts have cooked, remove from The oven, slice into to 3 and serve with a bit of sauce and a drizzle of olive oil if you like. GORGEOUS!