No-butter sponge cake
Member recipe by lksbxh
ServingsServes 1 - 10 Slices
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 dinnerspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Heat through the milk in a small plan until bubbling at edge. Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix at high speed, eggs, until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is smooth and well blended...about 5 min.
- At low speed, blend in flour mixture until smooth. Add warm milk and lemon peel, beating until combined. Immediately pour batter into ungreased, 9-inch cake pan.
- Bake 30 min, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely. Then serve.