Member recipe by indrabliss
- 1 lb (450 g) dried pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 level tablespoons fresh lemon zest, plus a little extra to sprinkle at the end
- 12 whole peppercorns, lightly crushed in a pestle and mortar
- 1½ oz (40 g) fresh basil
- 1 oz (25 g) fresh mint
- 2 oz (50 g) fresh rocket leaves
- 6 spring onions, trimmed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- Begin by heating four pasta bowls ready for serving. Then, in a large saucepan, heat up 8 pints (4.7 litres) water with 1 level tablespoon sea salt and bring it up to a good, fierce boil.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and stir once, then let it boil briskly for 10 minutes.
- All that happens now is that while the pasta is cooking, the rest of the ingredients are piled into a processor with a teaspoon of salt, then one big whiz till the herbs are chopped and that is it.
- Now drain the pasta and return it quickly to the saucepan with the sauce and toss the two together. Serve in the warm bowls with a little extra zest sprinkled over each one.