Easy refrigerator cake
Member recipe by kiixi
ServingsServes 1 - 30 Squares
no-cook refrigerator cake with festive colours from the pistachios and cranberries
- 100 g unsalted butter, plus little extra for greasing
- 15 digestive biscuits
- 100 g white chocolate
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 75 g dried cranberries
- 80 g pistachio kernels
- Grease a 20x10x6.5cm loaf tin with butter, then line with baking parchment.
- Break the digestives into small pieces and put in a bowl.
- Half fill a pan with water and bring to a gentle simmer. Break the chocolate into small pieces and put into a heatproof bowl. Add the butter and golden syrup, then place the bowl over the simmering water and leave for 3 mins to melt. Stir for the next few mins until everything is melted together - mixture should be smooth and glossy. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Add the digestives, fruit and nuts to the chocolate mixture and mix everything together with a wooden spoon.
- Dollop the mixture into the tin, pushing it down firmly with the spoon. Cover with clingfilm and pop into the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- When firm, lift the cake out of the tin and cut into small pieces.