Rum and Raisin Fudge
Member recipe by daviesalie
ServingsServes 1 - 24 Pieces
Easy to make and delicious! Keeps in an air tight container for four weeks
- 3 tablespoons Dark Rum
- 4oz roughly chooped raisins
- 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 5oz milk
- 1lb demerara sugar
- 4oz butter
- Soak raisins in dark rum. Set aside for later.
- Grease an 8 inch square pan and line with parchment paper.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil and gently simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir constantly until it reaches 240 F on a sugar thermometer or the soft ball stage. (a soft ball is formed when a little bit of the mixture is dropped into a glass of cold water).
- Remove from heat.
- Beat for 10 minutes until thick and grainy. Stir in raisins and rum.
- Pour into square pan and leave to cool.
- When completely cold, cut into 24 small bits with a sharp knife.