Member recipe by vstothard
ServingsServes 1 - 12 Cakes
- 8 oz softened butter plus 3 tbsp melted
- 8 oz sugar
- 2 eggs plus 1 yolk
- 10 oz SR flour
- 3 1/2 fl oz milk
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 12 tsp strawberry jam (1/2 a jar)
- 3-4 sugar cubes, crushed
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Beat together the softened butter, sugar, eggs, flour, milk and baking powder in a large bowl. Beat together until you have a smooth batter.
- Line a 12 hole bun tin with cases. Fill the cases two-thirds full with the batter. Then make a small dip in the batter and add 1 tsp jam into the dip. cover with another tsp of cake batter and repeat for the remaining cupcakes. bake in the oven for 25 mins until risen and cooked through.
- Brush some melted butter over each cake then sprinkle with the crushed sugar and serve.