Sausage and Noodles
Member recipe by vstothard
- 12 good sausages
- 9oz thick or medium egg noodles
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- juice of 1 large orange
- 2 tbsp ground nut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 200g pack sugar snap peas
- 1 bunch spring onions, shredded lengthways
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Peel the skin from the sausages and place the meat in a large bowl. Roll the meat into meatballs, getting about 3 from each sausage. place on a roasting tray and cook for about 20 minutes.
- cook the noodles according to the packet instructions. In a small bowl mix together the soy sauce, honey and orange juice.
- heat a large wok and add the oil. Add the garlic, gingerand chillie then fry for one minute. Add the carrots and peppers, stir fry for 3 mins then add the sugar snap peas and spring onions for the final min of cooking.
- Drain the noodles, then add to the vegatables along with the soy sauce mixture. Toss well, season, then scatter the sesame seds. Serve in warm bowls and top with the sausage meatballs.