After Dinner Truffles
Member recipe by hsmith36
ServingsServes 1 - 16 Truffles
Truffles with a difference. They use digestives to make the truffles less rich and more like a biscuit.
- 100g/4oz Digestive Biscuit
- 225g/9oz Chocolate (White, Milk Or Dark Chocolate)
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 50g/2oz Butter
- 50g/2oz Icing Sugar
- Cocoa Powder/Hot Chocolate Powder To Roll The Truffles In(can also use nuts,coconut or sprinkles)
- Crush the digestives by putting them in a sandwich bag and crushing with a rolling pin.
- Melt the chocolate with the milk in a bowl over simmering water. When melted add the butter, icing sugar and digestive biscuits and stir until the butter is melted.
- Leave to chill for 30 minutes.
- Take a teaspoon full of truffle mixture and roll either in your hands or onto a chopping board until round.
- Roll in the your choice of coating. For best results put back in the fridge for 15 minutes.