Whisky and Mustard Sauce
Member recipe by minkx1
- 30ml Scottish Whisky (Blended or Malt)
- 150ml Double Cream
- 2 tbsp Wholegrain or Coursegrain Mustard
- Add 30ml of whisky to a hot saucepan and set it alight (please be careful you don't set fire to the kitchen, as the flames can get very high). The purpose of lighting the whisky is to burn off the alcohol, otherwise the sauce will be too bitter.
- Once the flames have died down add 150ml of double cream, 2tbsp of wholegrain mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and allow the liquid to reduce, usually by half, to a nice thick consistency. Once reduced take it off the heat and pour the sauce over the haggis.