Member recipe by katemcinerny
- 290ml/10fl oz milk
- 30g/1oz butter
- 30g/1oz plain flour
- 2-3 egg yolks depending on size
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard to taste
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 55ml/2fl oz brown ail or cider (optional)
- 120g/41/2 oz cheddar cheese grated
- 4 slices of toasted brown bread
- Bring milk to point in separate pan.
- Melt butter, add flour and cook over low heat stirring frequently for two minutes.
- Gradually whisk warmed milk into butter and flour mixture and bring back to boil whisking continually.
- Whisk in egg yoks and return to boil before adding mustard, Worcestershire sauce [andr cider/ale].
- Add grated cheese and stir until smooth.
- Preheat grill. Spread rarebit mixture on one side of toast and grill until golden-brown.