Bread And Butter Pudding
Member recipe by suzukis_angel
- Slices of Bread & Butter
- 100g of Currants or Sultanas
- 50g of Sugar
- 900ml of Milk
- 3 Eggs
- Grated Nutmeg
- Pre-heat the oven to gas 2, 150 centigrade
- Line a deep pie dish or casserole with the thickly buttered slices of bread. Sprinkle over some of the currants or sultanas and add a further layer of buttered bread. Alternate the layers finishing with bread and the few remaining fruit on top.
- Bring the milk to the boil. Beat the eggs well in a large bowl with the sugar and grated nutmeg. Pour the hot milk over the egg mixture and mix together well.
- Transfer the milk and egg mixture to a jug and pour over the dish of bread and butter.
- Sprinkle the surface with a little more sugar and bake in the oven for 1 hour.