Vegetable Chilli with Rice
Member recipe by loislain
A great veggie recipe that's filling and very tasty, fit for those wintery evenings.
- 50g dry kidney beans
- 100g cooked brown rice (cook as packet instructions)
- 70g mushrooms
- 40g red onion
- 40g any colour pepper
- 200g tinned tomato
- 15g tomato ketchup
- 5g worcester sauce
- Chili powder to taste
- After the kidney beans have soaked over night, rinse, then bring to the boil in a pan for 10mins.
- Meanwhile chop all the vegetables into small chunks.
- After 10mins, drain the beans and add the tinned tomato, the chopped vegetables and the rest of the ingredients. Then bring to simmer for 30-40 mins, or until the kidney beans have softened.
- Add to the cooked brown rice.