Chicken wrapped in Parma ham
Member recipe by lfarrow19
Plump chicken breast fillets are wrapped in parma ham, then sauteed to crisp and cook through, then served with a rich tomato sauce with garlic, black olives and capers.
- 4 skinless medium chicken breast fillets
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 small sage leaves
- 8 slices Parma ham
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- For the sauce:
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g can Cirio Cherry Tomatoes
- I tbsp SuperCirio Tomato Puree
- 8 black olives, pitted and sliced
- 1 tbsp capers
- sage leaves for decoration
- Trim chicken breast fillets and lay on a board or worktop. Remove inner fillets and reserve. Season all pieces with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Lay sage leaves along the length of large fillets. Replace inner fillets to enclose sage.
- Wrap each fillet neatly with Parma ham. Heat sunflower oil in a pan and fry wrapped chicken breasts over medium heat all over to brown ham and cook chicken through - about 5 minutes - depending on size of fillets.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Heat remaining oil in a pan and fry onion and garlic over gentle heat to soften but not brown. Add Cirio Cherry Tomatoes and SuperCirio Tomato Puree and bring to bubbling. Cook 2-3 minutes to reduced slightly. Stir in black olives and capers and season.
- Serve fillets whole, or halved, with sauce poured around. Decorate with sage leaves.