Italian Sausage and Bean Stew
Member recipe by lfarrow19
Classic, flavour-packed stew of Italian sausages cooked with beans, celery, onions and Cirio Chopped Tomatoes for a rich and satisfying lunch or dinner
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 8 Italian sausages
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 400g can Cirio Chopped Tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, drained
- Heat oil in a pan and fry sausages to brown lightly all over.
- Turn down heat and add onion, celery and garlic over gentle heat to soften but not brown.
- Pour over Cirio Chopped Tomatoes and bring to bubbling.
- Season, then turn down to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sage and bay leaves. Spoon in cannellini beans and stir.
- Season again and cook for another 5 minutes to heat beans.